We have several hand-operated nut crackers for household use or for those with just a small orchard. If you have more than just a few trees or if you are wanting to try processing larger quantities of nuts for commercial purposes, check out our Motorised Nut Crackers and Dehuskers and our Oil Presses.
Hand-Cranked Nut Cracker
- Cracks up to 25kg of nuts per hour
- Easily adjusted for different types and sizes of nuts
- Heavy gauge steel construction ensures long life and continued use
- Oven-baked, powder-coated steel
Easy to use – just fill the hopper, turn the handle and the cracked nuts drop down to a tray beneath (tray not included – but any baking tray or similar container will work fine). Weighing approximately 7kg, the unit is portable, but is best operated when bolted to a stable surface.
Heavy-duty design uses 3mm crushing plates and is suitable for cracking nuts of various sizes and shell strength, particularly walnuts, hazelnuts and soft-shelled almonds. This cracker is not suitable for macadamias, as the shells are too hard.
The unit traps and cracks the nut between the revolving crushing plate and the fixed plate. It is supplied with spacers that are held in place on the shaft by a linchpin. By removing or adding the spacers, the distance between the two crushing plates can be adjusted for the size of the nut being cracked. Two thinner spacers are supplied for a finer adjustment, if required.
Requires minimal maintenance. Apply a small amount of oil occasionally to the shaft to keep in optimal condition.
Designed and engineered in NZ by Lourdan Grove, using quality materials.
Manual Base Nut Cracker
- Stainless steel construction mounted on a rustic macrocarpa wooden base
- Very strong and easy to use for people of all abilities
- Can crack all types of nuts from 19mm to 40mm in diameter
- Food grade standard
- Bearings contain admiral brass
- Great addition to any coffee table, kitchen or even a wine bar, cocktail lounge or boutique brewery
- Designed and engineered in NZ using quality materials
- AUD $220, including GST and delivery anywhere in Australia